A compact member of the Nexus family, the EazyPod Air is a mechanical and biological filter system for garden ponds up to 20,000 litres or Koi ponds up to 10,000 litres. The EazyPod Air utilises static K1 Micro, which provides enhanced biological benefits, even when using the EazyPod Air solely as a mechanical waste filter.
Have a question about Evolution Aqua? Don’t hesitate to contact us! Our highly skilled team are on hand daily to answer any queries you may have…
The EazyPodAir is available in grey or green colours and is supplied with an Air Pump 70.
- Mechanical and biological filtration.
- Very eazy to install and operate.
- Quick and eazy cleaning cycle.
- Works equally well pump or gravity fed.
- Ideal as a filter on a quarantine system.
- Also ideal for use as a pre-filter, polisher or on a skimmer line.
- Includes Air Pump 70
HOW THE EAZYPOD WORKS
Water from the pond enters the EazyPod via the inlet, then flows around the circumference of the outer chamber of the EazyPod, passing through the stainless steel grill causing many of the larger solids to be filtered out and settle in the base of the outer chamber. This is the first stage of mechanical filtration.
As water enters the central chamber, through the stainless steel grill, the fine smaller solids become trapped in the mass of K1 Micro. Bio-films build up on the protected surface area within each piece of media, allowing biological filtration to take place.
After passing through the K1 Micro, the clean water then rises and overflows into the inner return pipe and flows back to the pond via the outlet.
The EazyPod is incredibly simple to clean. An airpump (included) is needed for cleaning which agitates the K1 Micro to free up any debris and waste that has built up within the filter.
EazyPodAir models are supplied with a 70 litre per minute air pump and accessory kit.
- Pond Pump. Please ensure that the pump’s maximum actual flow rate is no more than the specified limits. Pump not supplied.
- Air Pump for cleaning the K1 Micro. An EA Airpump 70 (included) is recommended.
- A length of garden hose or braided pipe (10 mm inner diameter) to connect your air pump to the air ring inside the EazyPod Air.
- Tip: When connecting to your air pump, cut an inch from the airline supplied on the EazyPod. Insert this into the hose pipe that connects to the air pump. This will help maintain the hosepipe’s rigidity when inserting it into the rubber connector and clip supplied with your air pump.
- Pipe work from the unit’s waste valves to the intended discharge point. This can be rigid pipe work or a simple flexible hose.
EazyPod Air filters can be installed on PUMP FED or GRAVITY FED set-ups. In all circumstances the EazyPod needs to be supported evenly on a level base (a paving flag is ideal). Failure to do so could cause damage when it is full of water. It should be a minimum of 600mm x 600mm, to allow easy access to your valves and for maintenance purposes.
Pump Fed Set-Ups
By this we mean that if your pump is going to be used to supply the water to the filter, and the filtered water then returns back into your pond via gravity, i.e. down a waterfall, or through a large diameter pipe, this is referred to as PUMP FED (i.e. the water is fed to the filter using a pump).
PLEASE NOTE: The pump must not be placed on the base of the pond, as failure in the pipe work or connectors could lead to complete drainage of the pond. The pump should be raised at least 12 inches off the ground or high enough to leave sufficient water for the fish to survive, in the unlikely event that this occurs.
Gravity Fed Set-Ups
By this we mean that your pump is going to be used to return the filtered water to the pond and therefore your filter will be supplied by gravity via a larger diameter pipe. In this situation the water level in the filter will be at the same level as the pond.Technical Details:
- Max Feed Rate – 100g per day
- Max Flow Rate – 10,000lph
- K1 Media – 30lts
- Max Pond Size – 20,000lts
- Max Pond Size for Koi – 10,000lts
- Recommended – Evolution Airpump 70